Re: Getting Puppetd To Work

On 06/20/2009 10:07 PM, Todd Zullinger wrote:
Robert L Cochran wrote:
I'm getting messages like this in /var/log/messages when I run
puppetd (from the puppet client I think...the server is called
'puppetmaster'.)

Jun 20 19:16:00 deafeng3 puppetd[2556]: Could not find server :
getaddrinfo: Temporary failure in name resolution
Jun 20 19:16:00 deafeng3 puppetd[2556]: Could not retrieve catalog:
Could not find server puppet

By default, puppet will look for a server named 'puppet'.  If your
puppetmaster (aka puppet server) is named 'puppetmaster', you'd have
to change the puppet configuration to make it look for 'puppetmaster'.

I'd probably rename my puppetmaster instead of changing the puppet
confif, at least until you get a bit more familiar with puppet.
Though you do need to take care to re-create the puppetmaster
certificates if you rename the puppetmaster.

How do I rename my server to be "puppet" as you suggest?

How do I recreate the puppetmaster certificates?

The Selinux ifconfig denials I mentioned earlier always seem to start when puppet starts. And yes, I'm hoping to get puppet running on Fedora 11.

Thanks

Bob