cups doesn't get the right ppd file

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jun 21 04:05:19 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 00:03 -0300, Martín Marqués wrote:
> 2009/6/20 Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net>
> >
> > On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 19:49:06 -0300
> > Martín Marqués wrote:
> >
> > > Now, the driver is the correct one, but for some reason cuips is
> > > getting the kyocera driver. Why is this happening?
> >
> > I think those are just messages from cups scanning directories
> > for ppd files and discovering readme files mixed in. The real
> > question is what does /etc/cups/ppd/ have in it for the printer,
> > that's the one it actually selected.
>
> Updated cups to the version in updates-testing and now I don't get
> does messages, but neither do I get anything printed.
>
> How can I get my printer working again?
----
I think you probably have to use either system-config-printer or the
cups web interface (http://localhost:631) and if the one you choose
cannot print a test page, delete the printer and set the printer up
again. If you want to ask the list, you probably should post the
contents of /etc/cups/printers.conf and maybe the output of 'tail -n
12 /var/log/cups/error_log'

Craig

believed to be clean.