reinstall of fc10.

I am in the process of doing a reinstall of fc10, and Ive come across a problem
that I know I solved when I first did the install 6mo ago.

First, I use twm and xterm, not the current stuff.
This may be a bug that the children have 'installed' while playing with this
stuff.

But:
When I login (I use inittab '3'), I first get a message saying that it cant
find
my home directory, and that it is going to log me into root, viz something like
	Cant find /home/reg
	Logging you into '/'

and then it proceeds with the stuff in my home directory as if nothing is
wrong.

Anyone else see this problem?
Do you remember the solution (I dont)
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg dwf com

[ OK, its more of an irritant than a problem, but I would like it to go away ]