problem with pidgin and Yahoo Messenger

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Jun 21 18:03:08 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 13:35 -0400, Andrew Kenton Mitchell wrote:
> I think the general community consensus is that Yahoo! is likely working
> on the Messenger servers.
>
> Apparently, this has happened before.
>
> At least that was the talk on IRC yesterday.
>
> Andrew
>
> On 06/21/2009 01:28 PM, Craig White wrote:
> > all of a sudden, I cannot connect to Yahoo Messenger account with Pidgin
> >
> > F10 computer and F11 laptop, both say connecting but never error and
> > never connect.
> >
> > I can connect to my AIM accounts using Pidgin.
> >
> > I can use Windows version of Yahoo Messenger and connect but not pidgin.
> >
> > Has anyone solved this problem?
> >
> > Craig
----
hmm...I am sort of relying upon it to work. Kopete was worse...it says I
am connected but I know that I am not connected.

As it turns out, when I changed the server from scs.msg.yahoo.com to
cn.scs.msg.yahoo.com I connected with no problems but I would guess that
the cn means I am connecting to the yahoo server in China. For now, good
enough.

Thanks

Craig

believed to be clean.