Re: cups doesn't get the right ppd file

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:07:24 -0300
Martín Marqués wrote:

> The /etc/hal/fdi/*/ directories are all empty. :-(

Yep. I think they exist entirely for folks to use to
install custom files that override normal behavior.

Here, for instance, is my file that makes hal ignore
my USB backup drive:

cat /etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-stop-hal-stop.fdi
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
  <device>
    <match key="volume.label" string="BACKUP">
       <merge key="volume.ignore" type="bool">true</merge>
    </match>
  </device>
</deviceinfo>

The lshal program is useful for finding the names
of keys you can match against. I've never used the
files for anything but disk drives though.