Re: Book Readers (E-Books) w.r.t. Fedora Interoperation

On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 18:11 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:24:14 -0430
> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>

> > > Perhaps you need to adjust your font settings.  Go to FBReader's preferences
> > > settings and look under "Format" and "Styles".
> >
> > As I said before, changing the fonts doesn't help. I'm using DejaVu Sans
> > at 12pt. I enclose a screenshot of the result.
>
> Your line spacing is too small.  You can adjust that under Format, as stated
> above.

1) The screenshot shows what I get with the line spacing set at 2.0, the
maximum available. At the default setting it's even worse.

2) Line spacing is a measure of the vertical height between the base
line of letters on succesive lines. In conventional typesetting, the
default value is slightly greater than the cap height of the font,
meaning the text should be legible without changing anything.

poc