Re: Output of "yum list installed"

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:43:28 -0430
"Patrick O'Callaghan" <pocallaghan gmail com> wrote:

...snip...

> This is all fascinating, but what I come away with is "yum has a
> complex set of rules for color-coding its output, but the developers
> can't be bothered documenting them".

Does 'man yum.conf' and searching for 'color' not have the
documentation you are looking for?

For the red lines:

       color_list_installed_extra

              The  colorization/highlighting for pacakges in list/info
installed which has no available package with the same name and arch.
Default  is  ‘bold,red’. See color_list_installed_older for possible
values.

> poc

kevin