Installation FC11 failed

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Tue Jun 23 00:28:49 UTC 2009

Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to install FC11 and it failed.
                      ^^^^
                      F11
> 1). I tried to use my internet card Realtek Semiconductor RTL-8139
                         ^^^^^^^^
                         ethernet
> which works fine with FC10, but it does not have been recognized in
                         ^^^^
                         F10
> FC11. I tried both the DHCP and the manual configuration. Is it not
> supported in FC11 ?

I have it working just fine in a Dell Dimension 3000.  RTL-8139, using
the 8139too driver.  Is this an installed system, or during install that
you have this problem?

> 2). I stopped the installation after I configurated the package
> installation
> (setting the packages that I wanted to install), becasue after 15 mn,
> nothing was happening. The installation seems froozen. However, anaconda
> stage2 was running and consuming 100% of the CPU. It was supposed to
> check the package dependency.

Ouch, never a good thing to do.  Are there any incomplete transactions?
(what does yum-complete-transaction say)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net