Re: Change Machine, No Sound (longish)

Partha Chowdhury wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

[...]

now the shot in the dark- if the OP runs the fedora 11 and removes
pulseaudio, the sound may work as it will contain the latest stable
alsa.

I don't use FC11, and I don't have pulseaudio. The software config
worked fine with the previous hardware. I understand the desire some
have to get everyone "on board" with the latest release, but I'm not
interested in "upgrading" to a later version of FC.

$ apropos pulseaudio
pulseaudio: nothing appropriate

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.