Old Belkin PCMCIA G WiFi Card on F11

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Wed Jun 24 13:42:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 10:35 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> > Anyone have ideas / experience with developing the magic incantation to
> > get this device going?
>
> Please start by running "lspci" so we can know the exact PCI ID. The same
> marketing name can often correspond to several different devices.

Unfortunately, I had to return this laptop to its owner. Since we
couldn't get it to work within the short timeframe we had, they also
elected to go with Windows 7 RC on it for now for some other testing.

We'll have an opportunity to look at this again in a few weeks though. I
have a feeling the issue is similar to the other thread dealing with
Broadcom firmware and support - if not exactly the same issue. It
wouldn't surprise me one bit.

We'll know for sure once they're done with what they are doing with
it...

Cheers,

Chris

"Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first;
nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first."

--Charles de Gaulle