Pulseaudio and low volume

Alessandro Boggiano boggiano at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 07:26:55 UTC 2009

Hi all,
a little pulseaudio problem with F11 and eeepc 1000HD.

gnome-volume applet shows only the channel "line out", (and it saves the
right volume value between sessions) but if I call alsamixergui -c0 I
can set PCM volume as well.

The problem is that, at the startup, the volume is quite low, even if I
set it to the max volume with the applet; so, all the times, I have to
start alsamixergui and set the right value.

How can I save the alsa volume values between the sessions?
Or, how can I "link" gnome-applet slider to the channel I want ?

Also, where is my old good shell friend alsamixer? ;)

Thanks
Alessandro