Re: Fedora 11 qemu-kvm virtual machine missing sound hw

Andy Wang wrote:
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Bill Davidsen<davidsen tmr com> wrote:
I don't have that problem running from cli, so it is a problem in the
libvirt stuff, not in qemu-kvm. There is probably a way to get the virt-*
stuff to do what you want, I just never found a good reason to add one more
level of obscurity between where I am and what I want. virt-manager is
outstanding as long as you want to do what it expects you to do, after that
it's a learning experience.

Yeah, I need to research how this stuff works better as I haven't
figured out how to connect to the console when running it from the
command line.

When you start the machine it should just open a window right then and there, no "connect to it" needed unless you use options, then need vnc software.

I think I figured out my problem though, it looks like libvirtd
disables soundhw if selinux is enabled, even if it's in permissive
mode.

Interesting if true.

I'll test that theory out when I have time in the next few days.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>