Weird Gnome power manager behavior

Ulissis Gomes Corrêa ulissisgc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 18:41:37 UTC 2009

I got the same problem in a Acer Aspire 4530 with Fedora 11 and GNOME.
Looks like the monitor get lost when it changes the status from
charging to discharging and the opposite too. In KDE the problem
doesn't happen, so I guess it can be a problem in the Gnome Power
Manager.

2009/6/26 Paolo Galtieri <pgaltieri at gmail.com>:
> I was playing with my laptop and I noticed it showed my battery was at 99.2
> % full, even though it has been plugged into the AC all day.  I then
> unplugged it from the AC and went on battery. When I looked at the battery
> status via the gnome-power-manager it said I had 2 hours and 50 minutes of
> use.  I checked 10 minutes later and it said I had 1 hour 55 minutes of use
> left.  Then I plugged it back into the AC and it said I was 97.4 % full and
> it would take 15 minutes to fully charge. When it got to 98.1 % full it said
> it would take 20 minutes to fully charge.  When it got to 98.5 % full it was
> going to take 30 minutes until fully charged.  At this rate it will take
> longer to charge the battery than the amount of time I was actually on
> battery. Either Linux/Gnome can't figure out how long it takes to charge a
> battery or this is one fucked up battery.  It's now at 98.8 % full and it's
> going to take 35 minutes until fully charged.  It didn't actually take that
> long it completed within a few minutes.  Has anybody else seen this strange
> behavior with the gnome-power-manager (2.26.2)?  This battery is less than 2
> weeks old.  I had to replace the original Dell battery since it died just
> after the warranty period ended  :-( .
>
> I'm running F11 with latest updates on a Dell Precision M65.
>
> Paolo
>
> --

Ulissis Gomes Corrêa
Brazilian Fedora Ambassador