Rough Fedora 11 Install, still not working

David Highley dhighley at highley-recommended.com
Sun Jun 28 03:43:29 UTC 2009

After my 5 year old Tyan dual Opteron motherboard died in the middle of
installing Fedora 11 the saga continues.

Upgraded to an EVGA X58 Socket 1366 core i7 board, 965 Nehalem CPU, EVGA
Nvidia 285 GTX 2G video card, and 2 Raptor 300 GB system disks mirrored
in a 3Ware 9500S-8 raid controller. Tried creating a live Fedora thumb
drive from Fedora 10 but liveusb-creator has a bug and has not been
updated. Bought a usb DVD burner, all the burners were on the box in
the process of being up graded. Burned a disc, tested bad. Booted from
disc and did a network install off my web server. Install completed, did
the reboot and now the system will not come up.

Tried rebooting off the DVD disc to see if I could do a rescue, but it
does not boot now.

Ever seen the movie the Money Pit. Kind of feel that way right about
now.