Re: "No Screen" error when running F10-i686-Live-KDE and Nvidia GEForce 7000M

> First off, thanks for taking time to read this post.
>
> I am having an issue with running and installing the F10 Live KDE CD. I
> have spent several days reading posts about how to pull the correct video
> driver I need for this work on my wife's ACER Aspire 4520.
>
> I am an absolute n00b when it comes to Linux. This particular CD will boot
> fine on my Thinkpad and I've been able to run Ubuntu and Kubuntu on the
> machine.
>
> I'm not exactly sure where I need to go now.
>
> Thanks for any help.....
>
> Chad
I have the same GeForce on my hp laptop and I can not get anything but the
text install until I change the driver the kernel uses at boot time.  The way
to do this is to press <tab> at the countdown to boot an edit the kernel line.
At the end of the kernel line add linux xdriver=vesa and it should boot into a
usable desktop.  I ended up having to use the Nvidia driver to get anything
other than 800x600 but you can do that after you install f10.
Good Luck
Peter