Alpine will not show attachments

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Mon Mar 2 18:27:25 UTC 2009

Tom Diehl wrote:
> Well except that I went stupid and left out some important details.
> If I open up a link in the message it opens firefox and displays the link.

Well, that's different.  There wouldn't be any attachment to save into
the fs in that case, and thus no tmp file for alpine to prematurely delete.

> If I try to open any attachment it opens the correct program be it firefox,
> evince or whatever and then gives the error message similar to "Unable
> to open document Error opening file: No such file or directory"

And when you look for the file manually, it is in fact gone, right?  I
still think alpine is prematurely deleting it though the fact that it
happens with all programs is strange.

Matt Flaschen