Re: xinitrc

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, Mike Cloaked wrote:

Patrick Dupre wrote:

Something that I do not understand
xinit is supposed to use /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients (or .Xclients)
but this script test the existence of:
/etc/sysconfig/desktop

but this file does not exists in fc10 !!

It results that the variable DESKTOP is not taken into account !!!

/etc/sysconfig/desktop has not existed for several previous versions of
Fedora before F10!  If you need this file then create it - it only has two
lines usually!  You can copy it from an earlier working system if you like.

It contains lines such as:
DESKTOP="GNOME"
DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"

or similar.

Hi Mike,

Thank, but I do not understand why this Xclients file has not been
fixed in fedora 10 !!
I do think that it is a similar bug that mess up gnome-session !
kde works fine, but as soon that I switch the gnome, the X session
fails.

Regards.

--
---
 Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |