Re: xfce 4.6.0 for F9

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 16:53:51 -0500
Dave Feustel <dfeustel mindspring com> wrote:

xfce 4.6.0 has been announced, but it is a rather complicated package
to build and install.  Will xfce 4.6.0 be available as a Fedora 9
package?

Pretty unlikely. I'm not sure all the dependencies are available there,
and its a pretty intrusive change for a stable release (something like 60 packages would need to update with all the plugins, etc)

We are still thinking about F10 as well.
Thanks.

kevin

kevin is it major surgery to build xfce 4.6 in F10? as i've literally just finished downloading the full source tarball, (and the graphical installer in case i came up against to much problems lol) and if it's going to be a major hassle i'll just pass for now as my aspire one is running pretty sweet and i don't want to rock the boat, also if your going to build it for F10 i can wait for that ;)

phil