Re: pidgin startup data

Craig White <craigwhite azapple com> writes:
> I suspect that you are referring to panels (top and bottom) but not
> status/system trays which in KDE is a separate widget. I don't know
> about GNOME because I never use it but it probably is an optional item
> in a panel.

There is an area on the lower gnome panel that icons for unmapped (in
the X sense) programs tend to show up in.  All the programs other than
pidgin were indeed there.

It did turn out to be a problem with the state stored in ~/.purple .
Moving that directory aside caused pidgin to appear onscreen again the
next time I started it.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.