Re: selinux-policy-3.5.13-46.fc10.noarch - slight hiccup!

Mike Cloaked wrote:
I have just updated some f10 boxes a few minutes ago. On logging on again
after rebooting to the new kernel this evening, the main user directories
have had their contexts changed to usr_t so I presume some kind of
relabelling has been done - but not correctly!  After restorecon -vR
/home/user the contexts have mostly reverted to where they should be - I
initially noticed because ssh suddenly started demanding a passphrase when
it should not need one - and then I noted avc denials.....
This is for selinux-policy-3.5.13-46.fc10.noarch and the related targeted
policy. I have tested on several systems and so far all is well after doing restorecon -vR /home
as root to fix all user areas in one go.  Any one user can fix their own
user area by doing restorecon -vR /home/user I presume that this will lose any chcon changes - but any contexts that were
saved as a rule using semanage fcontext presumably should be restored -
though I have not had time to explore all directories yet.
This update was pushed to stable today so presumably it will take a while to
sync to all mirrors.
I've been running that policy since last Friday when I updated from updates-testing on F10 X86_64. There have been no problems (in fact it fixed many selinux problems on my system) and my home directory has the proper context without any intervention on my part. I don't know if it matters, but I am also running the updates-testing kernel. And I have been logged in since the reboot (I did do an autorelabel with the reboot). I don't want to shutdown all my nicely configured windows and applications, so I'm not going to check whether logging in and out changes things. :-)