Re: update to fedora 10

Tim:
>>> What's the permissions of the /tmp directory?  I've seen that sort
>>> of thing in prior releases, because there was a problem there.
>>>
>>> [tim suspishus ~]$ ls -dl /tmp
>>> drwxrwxrwt 53 root root 4096 2009-03-03 01:01 /tmp

Craig White:
> since user 'root' is OK, I suspect that you probably are having an
> issue with older settings and you can temporarily move them out of the
> way...

Just going off on a tangent - when I noticed this issue, several Fedora
releases ago, thanks to the /tmp permissions that I mention, root could
still log in (graphically), but users couldn't.  I expect because root
could still create the files it wanted in the way that it wanted them.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.15-78.2.23.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.