Re: How to re-lock ssh private key?

Agile Aspect wrote:
Robert Nichols wrote:

In searching for info I keep getting references to ssh-agent being
responsible for remembering the key, but I find that ssh-agent is
never executed on my system.

Here's one way to do it - the brute force solution.

Look under

   Applications -> Internet -> SSH Ask Pass

then right click and add it to your panel.

Then right click on the icon in the panel, select properties, then
change the command

   /usr/bin/ssh-add

   /usr/bin/ssh-add -t <time>

I do not find any "SSH Ask Pass" under Applications -> Internet.
This is on a pretty much default install of Fedora 10.  What are
you running?

When I execute ssh-add in a terminal session, I get

    $ /usr/bin/ssh-add -t 60
    Enter passphrase for /home/rnichols/.ssh/id_rsa:
             [I enter the correct passphrase here]
    SSH_AGENT_FAILURE
    Identity added: /home/rnichols/.ssh/id_rsa (/home/rnichols/.ssh/id_rsa)

Thereafter, ssh happily without requiring a passphrase, and that
capability does _not_ time out.

Thanks for the effort, but that doesn't help at all.

                Do NOT delete it.