Re: Laptop: Hard drive wakes up every 5-10 seconds

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Laptop: Hard drive wakes up every 5-10 seconds
From: Robert Moskowitz <rgm htt-consult com>
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora. <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 03/03/2009 06:46 AM

Michael Cronenworth wrote:
- XFS filesystem, relatime mount option enabled

Have you added noatime to your /etc/fstab?

relatime > noatime

Also consider changing /boot to ext2....

I guess we need to ask FESco to adopt ext2 as the default /boot filesystem instead.... but seriously, that will not affect anything.

I may have been overly bored yesterday. I logged out and let the laptop sit for 5 minutes and it eventually stopped flickering so much. It would flicker after 30 seconds to 1 minute, which is better.

I'll consider the debug output Roberto mentioned when I get bored again.

Thanks,
Michael