Re: Laptop: Hard drive wakes up every 5-10 seconds

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 07:46 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Also consider changing /boot to ext2....

Not sure what that's going to gain.  How often do you have to change the
contents of /boot?  It's mostly treated as read-only, and only used when
you boot it up.  Short of doing kernel updates, you rarely have to do
anything with it.  And other than for that (kernel updates), you rarely
even need to have it mounted post bootup.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.15-78.2.23.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.