Screensaver

I have a application monitoring program running on the display of a
machine and I'm looking to have the screen lock with a password like the
screensaver does however I do not want the screen to blank since this
would obviously prevent me from seeing what's on the screen.  But I do
want to prevent people from "tinkering" with the machine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jeff