Re: How to re-lock ssh private key?

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Does this page help you at all?
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring/Ssh

Sadly, I think that page has less information on it than it used to.
You used to be able to tell the keyring daemon to ignore certain ssh
keys.  That's no longer possible with later versions AFAICT.

I do appreciate the efforts of the gnome keyring folks, but the
documentation is sorely lacking, and having undocumented magic in the
area of crypto key handling is not something that gives me warm
fuzzies.

But then, this isn't really different from many of the newer gnome
technologies.  Writing good and thorough documentation isn't fun, but
not writing much at all just leaves users annoyed when they need to do
something that isn't at all obvious.

I believe in the noble, aristocratic art of doing absolutely nothing.
And someday, I hope to be in a position where I can do even less.