Re: mysql vs gene, score 1-0

Gene Heskett wrote:
> I was, since there wasn't anything precious in the database, going to
> remove it and re-install, but the removal would have removed all of kde
> too. That is not very nice.

Removing and reinstalling is very likely not to fix anything anyway, as
settings are normally not kept in files which get removed by removing the
package. At most you might get mysql.conf reset to the default. I wish
people would stop suggesting "remove and reinstall" as a solution for
configuration issues.

        Kevin Kofler