Re: Laptop: Hard drive wakes up every 5-10 seconds

On Tuesday 03 March 2009 08:05:34 pm Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Try tweaking your hdparm settings.
>
> Adding this to your rc.local might help:
> /sbin/hdparm -S 255 /dev/sda
> /sbin/hdparm -B 255 /dev/sda

Be careful with the -S values over 240. If you read the man page, values over
240 are interpreted differently than lower values and unfortunately there is no
complete list of which drives interpret it how... I had a really old drive
where 255 reset the firmware. I tried over values and when I hit 250, the drive
locked up ...

Peter.