Re: harware raid and fedora 10 [HALF-ANSWER]

François Patte <francois patte mi parisdescartes fr> a écrit :

Bonjour,

I would like to install f10 with hardware raid on two HD.

I selected the adhoc options in my bios and the two HD are recognised as one volume by the BIOS but, when I start the f10 installation I can see 2 different HD (sda and sdb) so I think that something is wrong in the communication between the bios information and anaconda....

Searching for clues! If anyone as an idea....

Just found my old f8 install dvd: no problem: I can see only one HD (/dev/mapper/isw_xxxx_Volume0

Which seems indicate that there some regression in anaconda....

And now what to do? Shall I fall back to f8?

Thanks for helping.

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique