Re: Skype and F9

Dave,

Ekiga is a free software alternative.
http://ekiga.org/ -

https://www.ekiga.net/ - get your SIP address here

Summary    : A Gnome based SIP/H323 teleconferencing application
URL        : http://www.ekiga.org/
License    : GPLv2+
           : internet. It uses the standard SIP and H323 protocols

You should be able to install:
$ yum install ekiga

Darlene Wallach

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Dave Feustel <dfeustel mindspring com> wrote:
I have become interested in using Skype on F9. I know next to nothing
about Skype, so I read the wiki entry which is an eye-opener. The Skype
software for linux is for F7. How well does that software work on F9?

How much does it cost?

Are there any open-source alternatives to Skype?

Any other comments?

Thanks.