Re: Booting a gazillion linuxes?

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:01:29 -0500
Marland V. Pittman wrote:

> On 3/3/2009 9:46 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
> > Any recommendations for the best way to organize a big
> > old disk chock full of different versions of linux so I
> > can boot different ones
> Virtual Machine?

Nope. I want real hardware because my current vast array of
virtual machines is giving me very suspicious behavior and
I want a vast array of non-virtual machines to compare with :-).

I've pretty much decided my best bet is to just have a single
/boot partition and "dd" different individual /boot partition
copies into and out of the partition when I switch systems.

Of course I was also trying to make the primary system have
a very robust grub installation, so I spent a lot of time
reading about saved defaults and fallbacks in grub only to
discover that fedora's grub merely ships that in the info
file, but not in grub itself (sigh...)