Booting a gazillion linuxes?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Mar 4 21:46:38 UTC 2009

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 21:24:45 +0000
Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> Is there a reason you want to chainload them (except for Windows of
> course)?

I don't care about chainloading so much, but I want them all to
have independently owned and operated /boot partitions so I don't
have to fool with manually fiddling with the entries in a shared
/boot partition after updates and wot-not.

>From what I'm reading I can't have a /boot partition in an LVM,
so I can't have enough "real" boot partitions to pair with my
LVM roots (you can put a lot of roots on a 500GB drive :-).

I'd be happy to be mistaken about all that though.