Re: Setting gnome-terminal default size

Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
Is there any way to make gnome-terminal have a default size of (say) 90 wide x 30 high, rather than the system default of 80x24? I am getting tired of setting the size every time I start the system.
Thanks - jon

For gnome,  go to
   System > Preferences > Personal > Preferred Applications

Select the "System" tab, Change the terminal emulator from "GNOME terminal" to "Custom" and then change the command to
   gnome-terminal  --geometry 90x30
or whatever size settings you like.

HTH

~~R