Re: FC10, Virtualization , Windows XP

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 00:54:47 +0000 (GMT)
M A Young wrote:

> But they aren't all as slow as vmware, nor is hardware virtualization
> required for a faster solution, for example Xen does very well without
> needing hardware support.

The original question was about running Windows XP. I've never heard of
a paravirt kernel generally available for XP, and without paravirt
it needs the hardware emulation (or the sort of software emulation
vmware does which I didn't think xen had incorporated, but maybe I
wasn't paying attention when it happened :-).