Re: Dual monitors KDE 4.2 - no panel, no keyboard focus

Ron Siven wrote:

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Michael Eager <eager eagercon com <mailto:eager eagercon com>> wrote:

    Michael Eager wrote:

        Hi --

        I have dual monitors using Nvidia Twinview.  I
        have both displays working.  The primary display has
        the panel, plasmoids, etc.  It seems to work OK.

        The secondary display only shows wallpaper.  Mouse
        clicks on the screen are ignored.

        I can start a program on the second display by running
        a command in the primary display: "DISPLAY=:0.1 konsole"
        but this screen does not take keyboard focus.  Doing
        the same with konqueror, the mouse works, but again
        the keyboard is inactive.  Neither of these windows has
        taskbars at the top, so they cannot be moved.

        Running GNOME, the dual display works OK, with both
        screens active.

    One correction:  I'm not running Twinview.  When I
    turn on Twinview in the nvidia-settings applet, I
    get a single X window over both monitors.  I want
    independent X sessions on each monitor.

-- Michael Eager eager eagercon com <mailto:eager eagercon com>
    1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306  650-325-8077

Have you seen this information? It helped me. http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Xorg_RandR_1.2#xorg.conf

Thanks.  I'll take a look at it.

At first glance looks like it creates a single virtual screen
running on two screens.  That's what I have now with twinview.
I want independent screens running on each display.

But I'll give xrandr a shot.  What can it do other than
screw up my X config.  As if that hasn't happened before.