Re: Dual monitors KDE 4.2 - no panel, no keyboard focus

On Wednesday 04 March 2009 12:51:58 Michael Eager wrote:
> Hi --
>
> I have dual monitors using Nvidia Twinview.  I
> have both displays working.  The primary display has
> the panel, plasmoids, etc.  It seems to work OK.
>
> The secondary display only shows wallpaper.  Mouse
> clicks on the screen are ignored.
>
> I can start a program on the second display by running
> a command in the primary display: "DISPLAY=:0.1 konsole"
> but this screen does not take keyboard focus.  Doing
> the same with konqueror, the mouse works, but again
> the keyboard is inactive.  Neither of these windows has
> taskbars at the top, so they cannot be moved.
>
> Running GNOME, the dual display works OK, with both
> screens active.

i'm trying to kick the nvidia habit on  my desktops, so i'm using nouveau, but
the simplest xorg.conf i have is:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "DVI-I-0"
        Option       "LeftOf" "VGA-0"
        Option       "PreferredMode" "1680x1050"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "VGA-0"
        Option       "PreferredMode" "1280x1024"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Device0"
        Driver      "nouveau"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Device0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
        Option      "Composite" "Disable"
EndSection

And it works like a charm and givesme two separate workspaces in KDE.  -A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E