Re: Apparent total loss of all Raid 1 data from both drives`

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 10:26:57 -0500,
  Robert Karge <rkargeconsulting gmail com> wrote:

> Any help would be very much appreciated.  I have reloaded F10 (on the boot
> drive) but both drives from the original Raid 1 still appear to be totally
> empty.
>
> It is paradoxical how much the total loss of years of work and data teaches
> about better backup functionality.

It is unlikely that you have really lost all of the data based on what you
said you did. You do want to be careful about what you do now so that you
don't make things worse while trying to fix things.
The rescue disk suggestion is probably the way to start.
If you are going to try to do something dangerous, you may want to consider
pulling one of the disks. This has its own set of risks though and you would
want to make sure if you got things back, that you back stuff up before
trying to add the disk back into the raid array.