Re: The system freezes when switching session

Hello Pedro,

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 17:18:42 +0100 Pedro Jose <ercrokan gmail com> wrote:

> Hello everbody:
>
> I use Fedora 10 i386 in a Compaq Presario Notebook C735EM.
> The system is updated, and my desktop is gnome with compiz fusion enabled.
> The graphics card is intel.
> The problem I have is that when I change the current user session to another
> user, the system freezes, crashes.
> All I can do is move the mouse. I can not close the X. I can not move to
> terminal Cntr + Alt + F1
> I tried to do before turning off compiz fusion, but also freezes.
> In a virtual machine that I can not, so I guess it is problem of my laptop.
> Can someone help me?

I had a similar hang up of the video display when switching between
users, once. intel graphics here (GMA 4500HD) on a Dell Latitude E6500.
Meanwhile, I disabled compiz 'cause it was freezing my display when
putting screen to standby and other situations. I'm not sure if it was
related anyway, I didn't try to reproduce it, neither tried to disable
acceleration as you did.

One thing I noticed w/ the different kind of display freezes I had, is
that the laptop was not freezed, I could login by ssh remotely and
reboot the system.

Regards,

--
wwp