F10 Rescue

All,

I'm stuck!

How do I edit fstab from rescue mode when the info in fstab no longer matches the mountable resources.
If there is some magic tool I need what is it? Rescue mode will not recognize my root login because selinux is
preventing it. Probably should be able to shut selinux down from the rescue mode also.

This would also lead to the obvious question:
1. Why doesn't  comprehensive prelease testing find these failure types.
2. Why should boot fail because a mountable resource is no longer available, just error msg and skip it and get on with it?

Thanks for the help as I'm quite frustrated.