Re: kernel errors when inserting a CD

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 11:43 -0500, Steve wrote:
> kernel: end_request: I/O error. dev sr0, sector 0
> kernel: Buffer I/O error on device sr0, logical block 0
> <repeat to logical block 7>
> <repeat for other sectors>
>
> After some investigation, I have found that I only get these errors if
> I boot with a CD in the drive.
> Then I found that they also appear in the logs whenever a CD in
> inserted into the drive.

I see something like that all the time when there's a CD in the drive.
The auto-mounter attempts to read a file system from the disc, and can't
(e.g. because it's an audio disc), and those are the error responses
about the failure.  If it can read the disc (often, it takes a few
attempts, while the mechanics of reading a disc are run through; focus,
positioning the laser in the right spot..), or it completely aborts, the
error messages stop.

What type of CD is in your drive?

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r