Re: FC10 and installing updated java

Thank you for the help sir....It's quite alot of reading, but oh so informative. I shall have a decent fed core 10 system running smoothly soon, and then FC11 will come out and it all starts over again.

From: "rodolfoap" <nospaze gmail com>
Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2009 1:34 AM
To: "Christopher Hogan" <christopherhogan nf sympatico ca>; "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list redhat com>
Subject: Re: FC10 and installing updated java

On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 23:55 -0330, Christopher Hogan wrote:
I am trying to install the latest version of java on my fc10 system,
and can't seem to do it according to the instructions they provide on
java.com.  Does anyone know a workaround?

I seem to recall you were trying to install azureus. If so,
"yum install java-1.6.0-openjdk" should do -you can use yumex instead of
yum-. Or better, "yum install azureus" should automatically install
java.

Installing Java from SUN could be quite a difficult task, I suggest you
try the former method. Check the process here, anyway:

http://www.fedoraguide.info/index.php?title=Main_Page#Java_.28Openjdk.29

Luck!
Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo alcazar padep org bo
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962
"Träume nicht dein Leben, lebe deinen Traum."
- Unbekannter Autor