Re: printing from gvim

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009, Richard England wrote:

Michael Hennebry wrote:

When printing a two-page file from gvim,
it gives me a 3/4 inch margin at the top
(I measured) and overflow at the bottom.
A line is missing between the pages.
How do I fix this?
When I print a CUPS test page, the margins are in the range 0.1 to 0.2 inch.
vim's default printer options are 5% for the top and bottom margins.
That shouldn't be a problem.  Something seems to be shifting things down.
What am I missing?

[root localhost a2ps]# uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.27.12-78.2.8.fc9.i686 #1 SMP Mon Jan 19 20:14:35 EST 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

You might want to take a look at:

 http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/print.html

or specifically at:

 http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/print.html#popt-option

I did.
Michael Hennebry wrote:
vim's default printer options are 5% for the top and bottom margins.

looking at the margin settings that can be controlled via the popt-opt settings in your .vimrc or .gvimrc file.

The first time I looked I missed the A4 vs. letter stuff.

gvim's printing is better now.
set popt=paper:letter

I believe that vim will created a postscript file when used on a Linux system....

--
Michael   hennebry web cs ndsu NoDak edu
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.