Re: removing autorun from a flash drive

Marc Wilson wrote:
On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 03:36:02PM -0500, Michael Hennebry wrote:
If I need a different drive, how, if at all,
do I recognize one without an autorun.inf?

<shrug> Don't buy one with the U3 label.  It's not like the thing wasn't
plainly marked.

I purchased a drive that had U3 and it was not marked on the packaging. I wouldn't have purchased the drive if I knew about it.

I had to find a Windows user so I could remove it. One person was upset because he had to remove hardware devices to get the software to work on his computer.

--
Robin Laing