fedora on asus M70VN-X1?

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Mar 10 02:41:49 UTC 2009

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   anyone have good/bad/indifferent experience with one of these
> running fedora

I'm using an N80Vn-X5 on Fedora 10 which is pretty similar to what you
are looking at. The only thing I had to do special was tell ALSA to use
a particular model of "m51va" for sound to work. I need to get around to
filing a bug on that. Otherwise it works great. I get about 3-4 hours
battery life. The 9560m GT is not a problem. I use my own dkms RPM for
the nVidia binary driver since the rpmfusion kmod driver is nothing but
a mess. Yes, I've talked to rpmfusion but they do their own thing.