Re: pidgin problem after installing the most recent f10 updates

Hi Hiisi,

after downloading the pidgin-2.5.5 source from sourceforge.net and
after
installing a lot of devel packages:

meanwhile-devel
gtkspell-devel
gstreamer-devel
NetworkManager-devel
tcl-devel
tk-devel

I was able to build with "./configure --disable-avahi" (weird: the
avahi-devel pkg was already installed).

Compiling and installing was successful, and after I had re-enabled my
account, pidgin-2.5.5 now runs successfully.

Regards

Joachim Backes
There's no pidgin rpm for Fedora on sourceforge.net. And don't you dare to say you installed it from source? I don't want to be scare, but you're in a real world of trouble from now. It's not a recommended way of installing software, you know. What for myself - it's only my girlfriend who needs Pidgin for ICQ messaging. I'll be wait for updates while using Kopete.
--
Hiisi.