Re: pidgin problem after installing the most recent f10 updates

Hiisi wrote:

Hi Hiisi,

after downloading the pidgin-2.5.5 source from sourceforge.net and
after
installing a lot of devel packages:

meanwhile-devel
gtkspell-devel
gstreamer-devel
NetworkManager-devel
tcl-devel
tk-devel

I was able to build with "./configure --disable-avahi" (weird: the
avahi-devel pkg was already installed).

Compiling and installing was successful, and after I had re-enabled my
account, pidgin-2.5.5 now runs successfully.

Regards

Joachim Backes

There's no pidgin rpm for Fedora on sourceforge.net.

Right, but a source package, and why not install from scratch if this solves my problem?

And don't you dare
to say you installed it from source?

No. I have no problem with installation software by source, and I think this is a recommended way if a binary package is not available!

 I don't want to be scare, but
you're in a real world of trouble from now. It's not a recommended way of installing software, you know.

No, I don't know, and I cannot agree with you.

Why not install open source software by source (I must repeat myself).

What for myself - it's only my girlfriend who needs Pidgin for ICQ messaging. I'll be wait for updates while using Kopete.
--
Hiisi.

--

Joachim Backes <joachim backes rhrk uni-kl de>