Re: removing autorun from a flash drive

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 14:15 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
I purchased a drive that had U3 and it was not marked on the packaging.
  I wouldn't have purchased the drive if I knew about it.

I had to find a Windows user so I could remove it.  One person was upset
because he had to remove hardware devices to get the software to work on
his computer

I just deleted he U3 stuff using F9. Although I will admit I thought I
deleted it months ago.

How did you do that?
On my F9, it seems to show up as a CD,
but mount -l doesn't admit its existence.

--
Michael   hennebry web cs ndsu NoDak edu
"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.