Re:pidgin problem after installing the most recent f10 updates

> There's no pidgin rpm for Fedora on sourceforge.net.

Right, but a source package, and why not install from scratch if this
solves my problem?

And don't you dare
> to say you installed it from source?

No. I have no problem with installation software by source, and I
think
this is a recommended way if a binary package is not available!

  I don't want to be scare, but
> you're in a real world of trouble from now. It's not a recommended
way
> of installing software, you know.

No, I don't know, and I cannot agree with you.

Why not install open source software by source (I must repeat myself).

--

Joachim Backes <joachim backes rhrk uni-kl de>

Don't take that to seriously. It was only a joke. But if I'm not mistaking, when you install a program from source it won't update automatically. I've installed OpenOffice3 in such way on my F9. That mean you'll face the same problem (too old version) sooner or later.
--
Hiisi.