Re: pidgin problem after installing the most recent f10 updates

Joachim Backes wrote:
> No. I have no problem with installation software by source, and I think
> this is a recommended way if a binary package is not available!

Yes, but in this case it is (it just got pushed to updates-testing).

> Why not install open source software by source (I must repeat myself).

Because you cannot uninstall or even upgrade it without leaving old files
scattered around your file system. Package management tracks the files
packages install.

        Kevin Kofler