[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: yum dependency problem--F10



On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 09:54:45PM -0400, fred smith wrote:
> On my F10 installation I've been getting this error now for a week or more:

I managed to miss two replies to this in my mailbox, so they're gone now.
however I saw them in the list archives. I'll paste one of them in here
so i can reply to it:

-------------------------- beginning of quoted reply -----------------------

>     * From: Michael Schwendt <mschwendt gmail com>
>     * To: fedora-list redhat com
>     * Subject: Re: yum dependency problem--F10
>     * Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 07:47:26 +0100
> 
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 21:54:45 -0400, fred wrote:
> 
> > On my F10 installation I've been getting this error now for a week or more:
> > 
> > # yum update
> > Loaded plugins: priorities, refresh-packagekit
>                   ^^^^^^^^^^
>                   ^^^
> How did you enable that plugin? You may need to learn more about it.

"yum install priorities" or similar.

I then added a "priority=xx" line to each enabled repo. The fedora
repos are priorities 1 and 2 (1 for fedora, fedora-debuginfo, and 
fedora-source, and 2 for updates--I see I did not set a priority for
updates-debuginfo and updates-source, do you suppose that's necessary?)

then for the rpmfusion repos I used 10 for free and 15 for nonfree.
I did not enable the rawhide repos, so they don't have a priority set.

As far as I can tell that should be reasonably correct.

> 
> > fedora                                                                                                                                | 2.8 kB     00:00     
> > updates                                                                                                                               | 2.3 kB     00:00     
> > Excluding Packages in global exclude list
> > Finished
> > 3032 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>   ^^^
> This looks suspicious. I hear about it regularly, but I still haven't
> spent time on looking into this plugin. Somebody may want to verify that
> it works correctly.

This looks like a LOT to me, too. In fact when I ran this I had disabled
all the rpmfusion repos, leaving only the fedora repos (base and updates)
enabled.

> 
> > Setting up Update Process
> > Resolving Dependencies
> > --> Running transaction check
> > --> Processing Dependency: system-config-date for package: firstboot
> > ---> Package system-config-date-docs.noarch 0:1.0.5-1.fc10 set to be updated
> > --> Processing Dependency: system-config-date >= 1.9.35 for package: system-config-date-docs
> 
> > Error: Missing Dependency: system-config-date is needed by package firstboot-1.102-1.fc10.i386 (installed
> > 
> 
> system-config-date 1.9.36-1.fc10 can be found in updates since early March.
> Update ticket and details here:
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F10/FEDORA-2009-1838
> 
> > I know such things sometimes happen when repos aren't fully synced, but
> 
> Doubtful for a set of packages, which has been published via a single
> ticket in the Fedora Updates System. A mirror would either know about all
> updates from the set or none, i.e. it either carries fresh metadata or
> old metadata.

That's what I'd expect too.
 
--------------------- end of quoted reply --------------------------
> 
> # yum update
> Loaded plugins: priorities, refresh-packagekit
> fedora                                                                                                                                | 2.8 kB     00:00     
> updates                                                                                                                               | 2.3 kB     00:00     
> Excluding Packages in global exclude list
> Finished
> 3032 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
> Setting up Update Process
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: system-config-date for package: firstboot
> ---> Package system-config-date-docs.noarch 0:1.0.5-1.fc10 set to be updated
> --> Processing Dependency: system-config-date >= 1.9.35 for package: system-config-date-docs
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> system-config-date-docs-1.0.5-1.fc10.noarch from updates has depsolving problems
>   --> Missing Dependency: system-config-date >= 1.9.35 is needed by package system-config-date-docs-1.0.5-1.fc10.noarch (updates)
> firstboot-1.102-1.fc10.i386 from installed has depsolving problems
>   --> Missing Dependency: system-config-date is needed by package firstboot-1.102-1.fc10.i386 (installed)
> Error: Missing Dependency: system-config-date >= 1.9.35 is needed by package system-config-date-docs-1.0.5-1.fc10.noarch (updates)
> Error: Missing Dependency: system-config-date is needed by package firstboot-1.102-1.fc10.i386 (installed
> 
> I know such things sometimes happen when repos aren't fully synced, but
> this has been going on for DAYS now, and no resolution.
> 
> I DID have rpmfusion free and nonfree enabled, but I turned them off to
> see if it simplified this any, and it doesn't.
> 
> I had a similar issue with one of the xine packages from rpmfusion that has
> gone on for a month or two, and I can't figure that one out either.
> 
> Suggestions welcome, thanks!
> 
> -- 
> ---- Fred Smith -- fredex fcshome stoneham ma us -----------------------------
>                       The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, 
>                     keeping watch on the wicked and the good.
> ----------------------------- Proverbs 15:3 (niv) -----------------------------



> -- 
> fedora-list mailing list
> fedora-list redhat com
> To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
> Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 .----    Fred Smith   /              
( /__  ,__.   __   __ /  __   : /     
 /    /  /   /__) /  /  /__) .+'           Home: fredex fcshome stoneham ma us 
/    /  (__ (___ (__(_ (___ / :__                                 781-438-5471 
-------------------------------- Jude 1:24,25 ---------------------------------

Attachment: pgpTjFKBN7fKJ.pgp
Description: PGP signature


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]